Humidifiers & Dehumidifiers in Brookfield, IL
Is the air in your home too humid or too dry? Call us at (708) 352-1670 and find out about our industry leading La Grange humidifier and dehumidifier solutions for your home today! Click here to save with our coupons and discounts.
Having a whole-house humidifier or dehumidifier is a great way to either add moisture to the dry air or remove it as needed. Many people are finding that going with a whole-house approach helps them to regulate the air quality in their entire home, which is beneficial when it comes to creating a more comfortable environment. If you are interested in a whole-house humidifier or dehumidifier, give our experts a call. We can help you choose the best unit for your home, and install it to ensure its optimal functionality.
See what some of our past customers have to say here, and call us today!
What are benefits of whole-house humidifiers?
- Added Moisture: The first benefit of a whole-house humidifier is that it helps to add moisture to the air, which in turn helps those who suffer from allergies. Dry air can wreak havoc on your allergies, and this can be a major issue for those who have them.
- Dry Skin Solutions: The second benefit of a whole-house humidifier system is that it is going to help prevent and take care of those who have dry skin. During the wintertime when your skin gets very dry, this is due to a lack of moisture in the air. The humidifier will add moisture to the air when it is dry, which can help with dry skin.
- Illness Prevention: The third benefit of a humidifier is that it can help with sore throats and other illness-related symptoms that you might be dealing with. If you notice that you’re constantly waking up in the night with a dry throat and are thirsty, a humidifier might be the best option for you.
What are benefits of whole-house dehumidifiers?
- Moisture Removal: A dehumidifier can help if you have recently dealt with a water leak or flood in the home. The dehumidifier is going to remove water and moisture from the air, which is great for those who have just dealt with water problems.
- Less Stuffy Water: The second benefit that you’ll find with a dehumidifier is that it reduces the heaviness and stuffiness in any room within the home. During the hot summer months, the air in your house can get very stuffy, so this type of appliance will take care of this.
- Mold Prevention: The third benefit of a dehumidifier is that it helps to prevent mold and mildew growth in the home, but especially in the kitchen and bathrooms. These two rooms tend to have a lot of moisture in them, so the dehumidifier will prevent mold from growing here.
Is installing one right for you?
If you want to be able to control the way a particular room feels, the whole-house system is great in terms of either adding moisture to a room or removing it entirely. Our experts here at Allan E Power Plumbing Heating & Cooling will be able to install a whole-house system for your own benefit.
Additionally, we can help you choose the best unit for your budget and needs. This allows for your investment to be exactly what you need for your home and family.
What should the ideal humidity level be in my home and how do I know if I need a dehumidifier?
Everyone can tolerate different levels of humidity in their homes, but there are other concerns with humidity other than what’s comfortable for you and your family. When there is too much humidity, mold and mildew can grow in damp places, which can make people sick, and your rooms may smell musty. Airborne mold spores may also be floating around.
In general, the humidity in your home should not be above 60 percent. Most experts will say that the humidity level in your home should be somewhere between 30 and 50 percent. If your home is in a warm, humid climate, then your basement may become warm and clammy, making it easy for mold to grow.
There’s no surefire way to know if you need a dehumidifier, but the general rule of thumb is that if you start detecting a musty smell in your basement or other rooms, then you should invest in a dehumidifier.